There has been a notable absence of posting on the blog lately. I must apologize, as many of you know I am currently in my last week at my job, having given my notice a few weeks ago. I counted on the frenzy of the last few weeks and the need to train people, clean things, sort things, etc. But I didn't count on the emotional part. Leaving the people I have worked with form many years is a hard task to take on. So many of them have become wonderful friends and daily confidants. We know all about each others lives and report on our weekend activities on Monday morning like some little old lady coffee club.
I'm sure I'll have some feeling of my world being upside down for a bit after leaving. As much as I look forward to the new challenges awaiting me in my life, I also expect some downturn in my spirit as I think of the camaraderie I experienced here.
More later to keep you updated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know exactly how you feel. It's hard to walk away from your "extended" family at work, even when you know it's the best thing for you and your "real" family at home. Can't wait to hear more about your new adventures!
Post a Comment