Thursday, June 15, 2006

2/3 vacation

Well, Jack and I are on vacation with my family. John could not get away from work for this one so only 2/3 of us could attend. so I am braving it on my own and have already had some exhausting experiences as a single parent. Jack did fine on our first plane leg but some diaper rash and not enough sleep sent him into overload for the second leg and he let it al out. From takeoff to landing was a 25 minute flight and Jack took every possible moment to scream bloody murder and clench his body into a stiff-as-a-board imitation. Set him loose, he would scream louder. Hug him tight, scream even louder. My brother was sitting next to us luckily and as the plane landed and I was still clenching a screaming Jack, he looked over and saw the tears rolling down my face. There are some emotions that just hit too deep for a mom and watching your child in physical and emotional pain is one of them. My brother took charge, threw everything in Jack's bag, herded me, still crying, off the plane and to the rental car and got everyone in and going. Jack? An angel once we got to the car. And having a great time ever since.

We'll have the flights back on Sunday, for which I am heavily considering how Nyquil could affect a child. But I'll enjoy the time at the beach for now and worry about that as we get closer.

1 comment:

Pam said...

I find that having a small gift for the kids when you travel that they get to open to be a Very Good Thing. The GeoTrax cars by Fisher Price are a good size, and usually not too noisy. And also very affordable for just one set of cars- they work great on airplane tray tables!