And on the 4th, I got up at 6:30am to finish the amazing sweet rolls (thank you Pioneer Woman!) that I would bring to the potluck brunch after the parade. Rolls made, kids dressed, we headed out to the parade...just as it started to rain. The banner you see on Jack's trike started bleeding all over his leg. But dammit, we were going to celebrate our liberty and freedom and all that other crap. So we threw on raincoats and headed out for the walk up the hill to where the parade would start. While waiting around with the few dozen neighbors that had also ventured out, we were approached and asked to be the grand marshals for the parade (I like to think it was our stellar decorating job and the glitter glasses. You can never go wrong with glitter glasses) So we started the parade and were immediately passed up by every kid riding their bikes at top speed to get to the potluck. Which is great because we just rolled along and chatted with neighbors walking along as the rain came and went the whole way to the brunch. And during the brunch. And on the way home from the brunch. Jack kept his spirits high, shared his flag stickers and dutifully recited the Pledge of Allegiance when called upon. Alex...well, she fell asleep in her Baby Bjorn after about 10 minutes, even with the barking of dogs, shouting of kids and rain coming down all around her.
Happy 4th!

2 comments:
We went to a neighborhood golf cart parade out in Rockwall. (my mother in law's neighborhood...)
All of the kids had a blast, and as it was over the rain started coming down.
Hi There... I have a question about the cinnamon rolls you made. As you were making them, did you put 4 tins into the oven at a time or did you just bake one tin at a time? What did you do with the tins that you couldn't fit into the oven? Did you just set the rolls out on the counter or did you refrigerate them? I want to make the recipe but I am unsure what to do with the dough that's waiting to be baked. Thank you so much for any help you can provide. I plan on making many, many batches as holiday gifts this year.
Post a Comment