Just 5 days until we leave for vacation. That means 5 days that we are dodging bullets at daycare, avoiding the looks (real and imagined) for Jack having accidents, avoiding the lice bugs that are hunting down the little kids like Predator, avoiding the whole "who the hell is in charge" feeling going on in Jack's room as they transition one teacher out and another into the lead position. And when I come back, I want it all fixed, dammit!
Off to sunny vacation-ville. By the way, our first vacation with just my siblings and their familias/special someones, without the parents. Can we do it? Can we all get along? Can John quash his OCD tendencies for a week and just let things be messy? Tune back in about 2 weeks to find out...
Anyway, looking forward to Jack hanging with his cousins (did I mention we'll be in a house with 4 children under 7? We're shoving them all in a bunk room at night and locking them in.) Looking forward to cooking aimlessly in the kitchen-possibly making the best sweet rolls ever so we can all exist on a high sugar buzz for 2 days. Looking forward to being a one child family again as Alex is staying here, at the house, alone... What? She is 7 months old for christsakes. She'll be fine! ... OK, OK, I'll tell my mother-in-law to check in on her. Jeez.
So anyway, go team. Let's make it to Saturday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ahhhh....vacation.
My husband & I were talking last night...and we think we need a vacation.
But...we have no idea how Gage will do on a plan...so we were thinking about maybe taking a long weekend to Corpus or Horseshoe Bay (I've never been to either place....)
We'll just have to see.
Gage keeps seeing pictures of the beach, and saying, "go da beach?"
He wants to go to a beach...
Have a good time, and teach Jack to pee in the ocean. My dad tried and tried to get Zach to do it, but alas, he wasn't ready at the time. Next year, though...
Post a Comment