Friday, November 28, 2008

What's Your Function?

Jack walked in the house from running errands with John today and he was singing up a storm. I laughed hard when I figured out that he was singing, "Conjunction junction, what's your function..." from the old Schoolhouse Rock videos. We've been playing it as our standby video when we need some quick tantrum-calming entertainment.

Oh c'mon. I know you know it. If you watched Saturday morning cartoons between 1973 and 1986, you should be able to sing the Constitution Preamble, describe the process of passing a law in the U.S., and know what a conjunction is.



And now, I have reawakened the long lost lyrics in your head, and you will be humming this for the next week. I know, I'm evil!

For parents out there looking for a fun xmas gift, I highly recommend buying the full DVD. We have this in the car and it's perfect when we need just a short video as we're running errands to keep the kids from getting bored. And as is evidenced by my 4-year old humming the tunes, you're never too young to learn. Plus, you don't have to listen to Blue's Clues solve a puzzle for Steve for the millionth time.

No comments: