Yes, I've been missing. I've been on a sort of hiatus from blogging, trying to recharge my batteries for blogging. Plus, my mind was on a fabulous but tough yoga workshop that I was preparing for. I needed some silence in my brain to mentally prepare for it, so I put the blogs on the back burner.
But let's talk about a different silence. That's what it is in my house right now. Both the kids are asleep. And with a 4 and 1 year old, that rarely happens at the same time during the day. And there is nothing sweeter than the silence that comes in the middle of the day during naptime. Alexandra was struggling right after our morning swimming class and I knew she'd go right down to bed when we got home. But Jack, he's always trickier, only napping during the day about 50% of the time.
So I asked Jack to come back to my room and have quiet time. He brought some books and climbed into my bed and I closed my eyes. It would have taken me about 3 minutes to fall to sleep. Except that once Jack was done reading, he snuggled over to me and stroked my cheek with his hand, saying "I know, Mommy, I know." over and over. No, I have no idea what he was talking about. But it was a sweet gesture, and I just had to put up with it for about 10 minutes before his little brain shut his eyes and took him to dreamland.
Ahhh, silence. Wait, is that the baby I hear crying?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
very sweet of your little guy!
Isn't that always the way. One drops off and another wakes up.
I hope you had a super Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment