Today we broke out the easy bake oven. For those of you who don't know, the EBO uses a 100 watt light bulb to cook. That little aluminum ashtray you see in front of the oven? That's the baking pan.
Yeah, so we're not talking about feeding a crowd here. In fact the recipe reads as follows: "Empty envelope of cake mix into bowl. Add 1.5 teaspoons of water"."
1.5 teaspoons of water??????? What is that, like a gob of spit?
But all worked according to plan and soon we were dividing or culinary masterpiece. After we all got our allotted forkful of cake (and the cake was gone), we agreed it was a modern marvel./ John and I agreed the 2010 Thanksgiving will be completely prepared using the Easy Bake Oven.
We're going to start cooking our turkey tomorrow.

3 comments:
Oh no!!! This makes me want to come over ASAP! :)
But you didn't actually use a gob of spit, right?
Oh, this made me laugh.
I sooooooo almost got Gage an EBO this past Christmas, but I couldn't find the gender-neutral-colored one.
If I'm ever down your way---I'd like s atrawberry cake, please.
And Thanksgiving: um..........I'm out. EBO-Turkey? Now there's an ER visit waiting to happen. But, hopefully if you give 280+ days of cooking---it'll be....well, probably nice & green, very small, and very hard.
Post a Comment