I surprised Jack today by going up to the school cafeteria to eat lunch with him. He was really excited to see me and even more excited to show me what he was eating...FUNYUNS! You know, those onion ring shaped chips that taste incredibly awesome and have no nutritional value whatsoever? He had bought them with his lunch account that I fund so he can buy milk. We have been packing his lunch every day at his request.
So when I saw him with FUNYUNS, I did a double take. Then I looked around and noticed 5 boys all around him, all holding FUNYUN bags. They were ALL scarfing them down. And not one of them, including Jack, had touched any other part of their lunch.
It suddenly dawned on me why Jack is bringing home a half eaten lunch the past few days.
FUNYUNS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I LOVE Funyuns!!!
...our little guy was bringing home 1/2 eaten sandwiches...1/2 a yogurt...just a mess.
I asked him to throw away the stuff that he didn't eat instead of packing it back up.
So...then we had a conversation one day...did you eat ____? Did you eat your....? When he told me No, he did not eat his mandarin oranges, I said, "Well, where are they?" He threw them away. I asked if he even opened them. Nope. He just threw away that which he didn't want/eat, including the unopened-still-good-stuff! So, now, I just have him bring it all home & I sort through it. That way I at least know what he eats or doesn't eat...
Lillian made the mistake of asking permission to have ice cream at lunch. I need to check her lunch account to see if she is following my rule of nothing except milk form the cafeteria.
Has he yet said, "Mom, you take ALL the fun out of eating in the cafeteria!"? Such a shame to think of that poor sweet boy having to do without...
Dotti
Post a Comment