Thursday, January 15, 2009

Beware that which hides under the sofa...

Last Sunday after breakfast, PMS a sudden fit of cleaning hit me. It all started with a single missing piece to a game. I looked in the easy places. Nothing. So I began looking in the not-so-easy places. And thus began the Great Clean Up 2009. We pulled out all of the sofa sections. I was amazed at the amount of things, and the size of things, that had ended up under the sofa (see photo). No doubt thanks to Alex's love for pushing things around with her feet.

But the Great Clean Up didn't stop there. We then proceeded to go through every toy bin in the house and remove all broken, missing or outgrown toys. A lot of baby toys ended up in the giveaway pile (get ready, Sandy!). Another pile will be headed to the Island of Misfit Toys due to incomplete pieces or connections that have gone awry and cause music to be pleyed at random times.

And I have to admit, it felt good to do that purge. I think even the kids noted the cleaning warpath I was on as they mainly stayed out of my way. Or perhaps they were keeping quiet after hiding their most treasured possessions, fearing I would come in and sweep them away.

1 comment:

Lainey-Paney said...

ooooooooh, I can only IMAGINE how great it felt to be rid of some of the clutter.