It was the witching hour, that time when the kids are home from school with me and hubby has yet to arrive. Things always seem a bit more hectic. Jack had already had an accident in his pants while I was downstairs with Alex. While she screamed in her highchair, I sprinted upstairs to clean him up. I dashed back downstairs to her screams, threw some cheerios on her tray, and resumed trying to get dinner ready, when I heard Jack yelling. Not again!
I stomped toward the stairway and looked up at Jack standing on the landing. "What is it, Jack,"I asked, with frustration dripping from my voice.
"I wrote you a thank you note, Mommy." You couldn't make me melt any faster if you had a blowtorch. My little sweetie...
"What does the thank-you note say?" I asked.
"It says "Thank-you note for Mommy. Thank you. I love you.""
"Honey, that is so lovely. What else does it say?"
"With liberty and justice for all."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW!
That's wonderful!
Post a Comment