Wednesday, September 19, 2007

He shoots, he scores....

Jack just started playing soccer at preschool last week and he is a fanatic about it. Wednesday is soccer day so I got him out of bed by announcing it was time to get ready for soccer. He quickly got up and was ready to put on his "soccer clothes" and "soccer shoes". And that is the set-up for the following exchange:

Me: Jack, what do you do when you play soccer?

Jack: I kick the ball, I shoot it into the net and ...BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAT!

(silence)

Me: Do you mean "goal"?

Jack: No Mommy, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOAT!

Me: Ummmm...Jack, I think it is "goal" with a "g". Guh, Guh, Guh, like in "gorilla". Can you say "gorilla"?

Jack: Gorilla. Guh, guh, guh.

Me: Right, good job. Now what do you do when you play soccer?

Jack: I kick the ball, I shoot it into the net and... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAT!

Close enough.

1 comment:

Lainey-Paney said...

that's sooooooo cute!

:)