All I can say is, John and I got our a**es kicked today. Always one step behind Jack. We had Jack in underwear and would take him to the potty about every 20 minutes. Inevitably, he would sit on the potty for 10 minutes , get off, put on his underwear, then promptly pee in his undies 5 minutes later. In one 20 minute interval, he went through three pairs of underwear. At one point he peed so strongly in his undies that he created a stream straight though the cloth and onto his cabinet doors on the side of the train table. I began to wonder if we could make it through the day with the 12 pairs we have. John wisely did a load of wash at about 4 (I actually think we wound up with one clean set still in the drawer at bedtime- then again, we put him to bed 30 minutes early!)
He loved the fact that he got 2 yogurt raisins for every trip to the potty and even though I promised him barrels of yogurt raisins for a successful trip, we ended the day Jack 11-Potty 0.
As Scarlett O'Hara says "Tomorrow is another day."
No comments:
Post a Comment