SUSHI
You don't realize the things you change in your life when you are a parent. I mean, we still take Jack out to eat with us- heck, we even take him to a sushi restaurant where he dines on his favorites-edamame and gyoza. But when you get to do something that is not an option with a toddler, it feels gooooood. Like sitting at the sushi bar. You would have thought that I had won the lottery with the look on my face when I answered back to the hostess's inquiry of "Booth or sushi bar?". Sushi bar, you mean the high seats that all face forward and would make it impossible to keep a toddler entertained or block food as it is about to be thrown? We're there!
Of course, afterwards, to wrap up our hot date night, John and I sped off to Super Target and ended up in retail therapy buying books and DVDs for Jack. And 3 super size bags of diapers. Because really, even though you're happy to be out alone, you just can't get them out of your mind. And who would want to?
No comments:
Post a Comment