Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Roadtrip!

While Jack may be too young for the adventures of Harold and Kumar, he is on schedule to enjoy his first field trip this Friday. You see, he now lives and breathes in the big, bad world of PRE-K!!!! And man, what advantages he has now. Bigger playground, tire swing, computer in the classroom, tire swing, freeze dancing contests...and did I mention the tire swing?

So anyway, with summer drawing to a close, the last of the field trips are coming and Jack's class will be going to the Austin Children's Museum. I'm curious about the whole dozen-4 year olds-bus-no booster seats thing so I've offered to chaperone. You know, get a feel for what the kids do on the bus, how the teacher relates to them, and just how safe a bus is. I mean, I remember my school bus days and quite frankly it scares the hell out of me to think of my little boy on a bus like I had. Does it even have seatbelts? Shouldn't we duct tape them to the seat-backs or something?

So, off we go. If I get bored watching them, I'll just wander down the street to grab a Starbucks. I mean, they can watch themselves , right? Nothing bad would happen while I'm gone. Geez, they're old enough to ride in a bus without car seats after all.

2 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

Hope y'all have fun!!!!!!!

sarah said...

oh my gosh. I need a moment-by-moment replay of what that bus ride was like. I'd need a shot of vodka in my Starbucks to survive that, I think.