Sunday, February 04, 2007

Dinner at my house

Jack: (sitting at table) Yogurt, I want yogurt!

Mommy: Jack, you've had three yogurts today, one in the last 10 minutes. Dinner is almost ready.

(Dinner is served and all sit down. Baby is on couch asleep, perfect timing for adults to eat dinner. Mom lifts fork to mouth to start dinner. Cue Baby Alex)

Baby Alex: Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Mom and Dad: Blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
blahblahblahblahblahblahblah (note: content not really important as conversation is almost completely drowned out by baby's cries and interrupted frequently by Jack)

Jack: (in perfect imitation of Jersey Mobster) Daddy, what are you doing? Mommy, what are you doing?

Baby Alex: Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

(Mom now shoving food down throat as fast as possible, recognizing limited time to get nourishment before reaching Baby Defcom 5)

Dad: Jack, eat your dinner please.

Jack: Daddy, eat your dinner. Mommy, eat yours.

Baby Alex: Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

(Mom gets baby and begins nursing.)

Dad: Do you want the pillow to put on your lap to prop her up? (Stands up to get pillow, just as Jack turns in chair and knocks over milk with elbow, sending milk waterfall off table onto floor)

Jack: I spilt it! I spilt it!

Baby Alex: (Alarmed at shouts, pulls off breast, sending sprays of milk onto Mom's shirt and onto Alex's face) Wahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Jack: (Getting out of chair) I'll clean up, I spilt it! (Promptly steps straight into dog's water dish and now has soaking wet sock) Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Dad: (Looking at Mom, both laughing uncontrollable) You're going to write about this on the blog, aren't you?

Jack: Yogurt, I want yogurt!

No comments: