Friday, April 21, 2006

Another one bites the dust

Yet another lead teacher has quit Jack's room at daycare. That makes 4 teachers in 6 months. At least we have two wonderful assistant teachers, but having a total lack of a consistent lead teacher is hard because they really set the tone for the room and are responsible for the qiuality of the activities. And we've asked whether our room is just a "problem room" but everyone says no, the room is wonderful, we've just had bad luck with the teachers (or the daycare is not doing a good enough job of vetting their choices.

I sat in the room this morning when I dropped Jack off and started reading a book and all the kids gathered around me and some gave me hugs and they were all laughing and making animal noises when I pointed to animals in the book. So I rewarded them by singing them two of my favorite camp songs learned when I was a child, "The Prune Song" and "Plant a Watermelon Seed" that both have funny noises. They laughed and clapped. I could have stayed there all day. It ain't hard to fall in love with all of these children- and I hope they find a teacher who will do just that.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Hmm... it would seem we are the same person, but in parallel universes! Hope he gets a good set of teachers, and that the biting stops.