
Yes, we now own a tractor. With the new bigger lawn, John felt it was a necessary purchase. And who am I to argue since I have never offered to mow the lawn. Apparently, mowing the lawn is so much fun now that it has been mowed 4 times in one week. And the endless parade of people that have climbed on there means John might never have to mow the lawn again...my brother, my father, my uncle-and I must admit, me. It IS fun. Just winding your way around the yard, ignoring the random sprinkler head you might run over and snap off.
But the funniest is Jack. He can't get enough of it. Every evening we go for a walk along our street. But inevitably, instead of walking out of the garage and getting on his tricycle for our passeggiata ( it's Italian, look it up), he turns toward the tractor and before I know it, has climbed into the seat. Let me remind you...he's 2 years old! So we can only coax him to our walk by promising him a tractor ride later. When the walk is done, we return to the house and John obligingly (he secretly loves it!) gets on the tractor and puts Jack in his lap to take a spin up the driveway, around the cul de sac, and back down the driveway.
Oh, what would we do without you, John Deere!
No comments:
Post a Comment