
For some reason last week, they decided to fit as many possible dress up days into one week. And picture day. As if you didn't have to think hard enough about where to get the dress up costumes, now I also had to consider what would look good on film. Damn these people, don't they know I don't think straight before 9am?
So we started off with Dr. Seuss' Birthday, which has become an official holiday in schools across the country just so kids acn dress up. So we did Thing 1 and Thing 2 from The Cat in the Hat. Jack loved it and vows to wear his Thing 1 shirt every night. Alex
hated painting her hair blue. It was cold...and blue...and different...and stay away from me, Mommy. No worries., her hair is so fine, the color fell out by 10am.

Two days later we had crazy hair day. No pictures, let's just say it involved two wigs which were "awesome" at home but not so awesome once we pulled up to school. My kids curl up into little balls of shyness when we get to school, so no funny wigs would touch their heads.
Two days later, we had Cowboy day. The kids obligingly put on some western wear I dug out. Stood in the driveway, smiled, even sang a song. Let's just say it was "Home on the Range" because it sounds better than "The Alphabet Song".

I think all of the dressing up must have sent Alex over the deep end because that night, her bandana morphed away from "howdy, cowgirl" and more into "yo, yo, what's up, homey".
2 comments:
I see a future of Ninja fighters in the teen years!!
Dotti
How fun!!!
Post a Comment