Friday, January 16, 2009

You can't bottle that!

John reminded me today that we need to capture Alex running on video. I don't mean to imply that she is a star runner. Quite the opposite. She still has that baby lack-of-coordination where she'll start running but then you see she is moving to fast for her feet and she slowly loses control she just moves into wipeout.

And you really do have to capture it quickly- once they turn two you can see them slowly gaining coordination and they just begin to lose the "baby run". The one where their thights have a little too much Michelin Man resembalnced to move smoothly past each other. Maybe too much friction to completely allow a smoth run.

The baby fat has started to melt away- not so much chub in the cheeks. Although I could deal with a little more density of hair around the face- I swear, she has her father's fine-as-silk hair.

Yep, I can see the teen attitude just around the corner. Oh, I know she's still a baby. But you can see it. Telling her "no" now brings on a "hrumph" from her, and she turns her face down so you can't see her face. Watch me ignore you, she is silently throwing back my way.

But she's still got the baby in her. She can't help but peek up to see if you're watching, and get a huge grin when she finds you smiling.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

ooooh, sweet girl!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I run like that ;)

She is so cute! They grow up so darn quick, good thing you are capturing it all.